- ech2o challenges the pupils to design a piece of kit or an advertising campaign that will reduce the amount of time people spend in the shower.
- ech2o work with the pupils as they:
- carry out market research to identify the class’s shower usage: good, average, bad, excessive
- develop an understanding of the link between hot water use and climate change
- brainstorm technological and behaviour change solutions to reduce shower use and present to focus group of other pupils
- develop one or more of the solutions into a workable format
- Usually delivered as a double lesson. Chosen by one school as a full day workshop for Year 7 Design and Technology pupils as part of their term project.
All pupils receive a shower timer.
Take a look at some of the designs pupils created to encourage people to shower shorter here.
Shower shorter, shower smarter (KS3,4)