Be Water Aware Workshops
ech2o are pleased to announce we have some funding to carry out a series of workshops in the SEEDA region with Housing Association or Local Authority tenants. These fun and interactive workshops are designed to provide tenants with practical and behaviour change solutions to reduce their water consumption, resulting in lower water and energy bills and reduced CO2 emissions.
As part of a water efficiency strategy in the South East of England, many water suppliers will be installing meters into domestic properties in their areas. For many people (especially those in flats and small houses) this will mean an increase in their water costs. This workshop is designed to demystify water bills, to show why retrofitting of water meters is being encouraged and to provide practical ways in which delegates can reduce their water use.
- calculate their own water consumption and compare it to the national average
- carry out a water audit which can be replicated in their own home
- discover which appliances in their homes use most water
- make the links between water, energy and CO2 emissions
- understand which behaviour change will save the most water
- learn how to fit technological solutions that will reduce their water use
- take home a save-a-flush bag, shower timer and shower flow restrictor
Where and When
At various venues in the south east to suit the partner Housing Associations
The workshop will be free for tenants
The Cranberry Water Project
Read about water awareness training ech2o delivered for East Thames Housing Association tenants on the Cranberry Water Project Page.